February 27, 2012

Spring is in the Air

 It was a nice day for a bike ride. And that's just what the hub and I did.

The hub, of course, is in much better shape than I am. So, I told "Lance" to go ahead as I peddled at my leisure and stopped to take photos when I got winded. Why is it when we're young, we never had a thought in our minds when we rode our bikes. Now? "Oh dear, someone is walking--don't run them over." "I need to practice my stopping and getting off the bike without falling." What? When did all this uneasiness start? Well, I guess it started when I was trying the bicycle out and did beautifully. Until, that is, I stopped and my jeans got stuck in my sandals and I did FALL! Pfffft! How embarrassing. Now I'm all paranoid. But today I felt much more at ease. Next thing ya know, I'll be getting a pair of those padded bike pants. Ha. Totally joking. Chill.

Ok, tomorrow's another day! I'm gonna do this thang.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I haven't ridden a bike in years. HB and I had a couple of bikes that we used to ride once in awhile but I think it's one of those things you never forget how to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love riding bikes,,but right now I am afraid I can only do it on flat roads,,have to walk it these hills. Great Pics!

    ReplyDelete