February 2, 2012

Freshly Home

Greetings.



Just settling in from a long weekend in Key West. We were invited down to help celebrate a friend's birthday . You know, "I'm just a girl who can't say no."

The Bob and I hadn't been down there since the boys were little, say 15 years. Wow. Kinda scary how time flies. Now we have one graduating from university and one graduating from high school.

Time indeed does fly, unless you're in Key West, for course.

Our friends were the hosts with the most and showed us a whole other side of KW we had only heard about. Needless to say, it's a whole other place without kids. Ya think? One of our first stops was a wine bar that was in part of an old gingerbread house. These beauties that have been transformed were abundant. I found this lovely leather bench in the back parlor. Probably not so comfy in the heat of the summer, though. Can you imagine trying to skooch out of there in shorts? Hmmmm. Naw. And yes, that is the front door. I bet that has to be painted every year. Well worth the upkeep.

We passed by the infamous Sloppy Joe's and spied several kitties as we walked through the streets. Perhaps this beauty is a descendant of Hemingway's cats. I couldn't tell if he had six toes or not.

Here's a little bit of the flora and fauna of Key West.



I fell in love with all the gypsy chickens roaming!

And all the tropical libations were mawvelous dawlings. Here is one of the best pina coladas that I have tasted--right up there with Puerto Rico. I loved the little extra sump'm sump'm in the tube. The drinks, the views and the people watching is perfect on Sunset Pier. Always ask for Libby to make your drinks, especially mojitos (or so I am told).




















It doesn't get much better than than any of this. I think I asked to be pinched right about here.

We watched an amazing sunset from the edge of the earth.

I can honestly tell you that there was no shortage of food, drink and good cheer the entire weekend. This is how we ended one evening at Better than Sex. Yup, that's the name of the restaurant. And, get this, they serve only desserts! Deary me. But, take my suggestion, either share one dessert between four and/or don't eat before you go. It is as rich as it looks. Ooofy.

I have to send a big ol' thank you to SNR. What wonderful memories were made, probably more than I can (or care) to remember. It was one of my all-time favorite trips--ever. I'm still recuperating, though, almost a week later.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I so want to go to the Keys again. Been many many years since I was down that far. Sure looked like you had a blast.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete