February 21, 2012

Paperwork

I don't much like paperwork. Probably not too many people do, I suppose. I'm the pesident of that club.

I've been putting this off and putting this off--"this" being my brother's estate. You know the kind  of work you really, really don't want to do--like every day you say to yourself, "I promise, tomorrow." And that goes on for like, what, 6 months? It's tearing me up. 

I can finally say that I'm beginning to feel better about two great losses in our family. Barely a year apart, my mother left us in October of 2009 and my brother in December of 2010. I truly think he missed her and was quite lonely. I do know, for certain, that he was ready to move on from this life.

So, back to this paperwork. Whoever knew being an executor was such a royal pain in the arse? I had no idea. I suppose after you run through the hoops of being appointed through the courts, it's a pretty simple process. Kinda basic accounting. But, when it's your loved one's paperwork, it brings up all of those memories you're trying to forget. I just want it all to be behind me. Period. But, by my putting off the paperwork, it is only prolonging my full recovery. Right? Silly, I know.

Well, I'm happy to say that today I AM finally facing all that paperwork; and I am working on getting it done. Yesterday was his birthday, so I made a promise last night.

I know I can do this.

PS Happy Mardi Gras, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Well,,been trying to figure out where to hit comment at,,finally found it. LOL.
    So hard to do paperwork, not my fave to do either.
    I Miss You,,hope my life calms down and can see you soon.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete